Amazing Pecan Pie Cake Recipe; A Delightful Dessert
Pecan pie cake contains a richness of pecans as they taste like the most wonderful dessert on your table. The cake is baked with a brown sugar sponge and topped with pecan pie filling. Its crumbly texture is filled with the goodness of fresh pecans. My Amazing pecan pie cake recipe will be an easy step to follow because I will share everything that you will surely love.
Freshly baked pecans layered on top of the cake, give extraordinary flavour to this dessert. I love its taste and I am a huge fan of this cake. Once I infused two flavors that was also my perfect experiment. I used heavy chocolate sponge cake in the base of the cake and layered it with pecan pie filling. You can also experiment with different flavours by changing cake base with pound cake or with tea cake.
Identifying The Ingredients in Easy Pecan Pie Cake Recipe
Water: use always purified and its temperature should match the room temperature.
Eggs: use eggs on room temperature. Refrigerated eggs will ruin your cake texture. It will not get fluffy and spongy.
Butter: Use unsalted butter because salted butter will make your cake taste different.
Milk: use milk boiled and cooled on room temperature. If it’s refrigerated then change its temperature slightly by microwaving it.
Pecans: Pecans are a good source of vitamin E, monosaturated fats and fibre. Buy pecans from authentic places, and check their freshness and taste before you buy them.
Lets Start Our Amazing pecan pie cake recipe:
1/3 cup water
2 medium egg yolk
1 cup light brown sugar packed
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup chopped pecans
Brown Sugar Cake:
½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup light brown sugar
1 cup milk (room temperature)
4 medium eggs ( room temperature)
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pecan Pie Filling:
- Take a cooking pot, add water, egg yolk, cornstarch and whisk it together. Now add chopped pecans and brown sugar, whisk again.
- Turn on the medium flame and whisk constantly while cooking it, when it starts boiling , whisk it constantly otherwise it will make lumps. Boil it for approximately one minute.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla. Before using it on a cake, let it cool completely.
My Family loved my amazing pecan pie cake recipe and they are are now a huge fan of this cake and filling.
Brown Sugar Cake:
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch cake round with parchment paper and grease and flour them.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Separately set aside.
- Combine butter and sugars in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium-high (approximately 3 minutes). When it changes its colour from pale yellow to light yellow, then Incorporate the other eggs one at a time, reducing speed between additions. Then add the vanilla.
- Mix flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Every time you add something, make sure it’s fully incorporated.
- Pur the batter in the cake mould spread pecan pie cooled filling on the top layer and place it in the baking oven for baking.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Then check it with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then it’s done.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then turn them out and let them cool completely on another wire rack.
I hope so you like my simple and easy pecan pie cake recipe. You can serve it with tea or after dinner as a dessert.
Frequently Asked Questions About this Amazing PECAN PIE CAKE Recipe
Where can I buy pecans?
You can buy pecans from your nearby departmental store or you can online purchase them.
Can I replace pecans with any other dry fruits?
Yes, you can replace it with walnuts. Walnuts will provide a crunchy texture and unique flavour to your cake.
Is roasting or toasting peanuts necessary in baking?
If you roast peanuts it provides extra rich flavour and its color is enhanced to golden brown and enhance your baking flavor.