The Perfect Recipe for Small Christmas Cake Straight from My Baking Diaries
Dear readers! As an experienced baking chef, Christmas is undoubtedly my favorite time. Not just because of the twinkling lights or the gifts but because of the wonderful opportunity it presents to bake heartwarming goodies and Christmas cakes. Today, I’ll let you in on my cherished recipe for a small Christmas cake that’s big on flavor. And trust me, once you’ve tried this recipe, it’ll become a holiday staple in your home!
Health Benefits Of Recipe For Small Christmas Cake : Not Just A Treat, But Good For You Too
Now, beyond its irresistible taste, this cake packs a punch when it comes to health benefits:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Dried fruits are known for their high antioxidant content, which can combat oxidative stress.
- Boosts Energy: The natural sugars in the fruits provide a quick energy boost — perfect for the festive season’s hustle and bustle!
- Suitable for the Heart: Almonds add a dose of healthy fats that can benefit heart health.
Lets Start Our Recipe
dried currants – 3 cups
cups raisins – 1 ½ cup
sultana raisins – 1 ½ cup
candied red cherries, chopped – 1 cup
brandy – 16 tbsp
Orange 1 large & 1 small, zested
lemon, zested, 2 small
Unsalted butter, softened – 1 ½ cup.
Unsalted butter softened.
brown sugar – 1 ½ cup
brown sugar – 4 tbsp
eggs, beaten – 4 large
molasses, or more to taste -1 tbsp
chopped almonds – 1 ½ cup
all-purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
self-rising flour – 1 cup
ground almonds, 1 cup
mixed spice – 3 tbsp
Butter: 2 cups
Whipping cream: half cup
Icing Sugar: 2 cups
Some snow flowers
Combine currants, raisins, sultana raisins, and candied cherries in a plastic container with a lid. Add orange and lemon zest to dried fruit; pour brandy over them. Then, stir or shake the container every few hours for 2 to 3 days, closing the container after each soak.
Prepare the oven by preheating it to 275 degrees Fahrenheit (135 degrees Celsius). Use silicone cupcake liners or ramekins to line a baking sheet.
Fill a bowl with one cup plus two tablespoons of butter and one cup plus two tablespoons of brown sugar. Mix well with an electric mixer. Combine eggs and molasses well. Once well combined, add chopped almonds, both flours and mixed spices. Then, fold in the ground almonds and fruit that you have soaked.
Prepare the liners and spoon the mixture into them.
About 1 1/2 hours after preheating the oven, insert a toothpick into the center, and it should come out clean. In 30 to 45 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
Let cakes sit for ten days before decorating them in airtight tins.
When ready to decorate, decorate it with buttercream frosting or cream cheese frosting.
1) Take a stand mixer and add 2 cups butter. Beat it until it lightens and gets fluffy.
2) Then add half a cup of whipping cream and beat well.
3) Then add 2 cups icing sugar.
4) Place it on the cake and smooth all its sides and top.
5) Separate about half a cup of frosting in a bowl and then add four drops of liquid green color and mix into it. Make swirls on the top sides of the cake.
6) Please take a little frosting in a cup, add red food color, and then put it in a piping bag. Cut a little nozzle before it, and then write Merry Christmas in the center of the cake.
7) Then keep gingerbread man snow decorations on the green swirls part.
Pro Baking Tips For Baking Recipe For Small Christmas Cake
Quality Matters: Always go for high-quality dried fruits; it makes a world of difference in taste.
A Boozy Boost: For an enhanced flavor, soak your dried fruits in brandy or rum overnight before baking.
Check for Doneness: Every oven is different. Keep an eye on your cake after the 1-hour mark to prevent over-baking.
Storage: Store your cake in an airtight container to maintain its freshness and softness.
Decoration: For an extra festive touch, top your cake with marzipan, icing, and perhaps a sprig of holly!
Can I use whole wheat flour?
Yes, you can use it because it’ll give your cake a denser texture and nuttier flavor.
What if I don’t consume alcohol?
You can use orange or apple juice as a non-alcoholic alternative to soaking dry fruits.
How long will this cake last?
An airtight container should stay fresh for up to two weeks without frosting.
Can I add other nuts or fruits?
You can customize the cake with your favorites, like dried berries, pecans or dried cherries.